Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Unclog Your Drain Naturally

I was disappointed to see that a coupon for Drano was no longer available when I tried printing it out yesterday.  Since I pretty much use a stack of coupons as my shopping list (except for produce and dairy unless I'm extra lucky!), I forgot to pick up Drano at ShopRite yesterday.

We have a really slow drain in our shower- probably due to be soaking all of the upstairs blinds -which were super gross- when we first moved in.  And I don't want to go back to the store.  So I found this:

Drain Flush: Tried and true method: Remove as much water as you can. Toss 1 cup of baking soda down the drain, then pour a cup of household vinegar down the drain, plug the drain with the sink stopper then let sit for half an hour. After about 30 minutes, unplug the sink and pour a kettle full of hot water on top.

a la Tip Nut!  Love that name :)

I'll let you know if it works.

Do you have any "tried and true" methods using pantry items?  Leave a comment, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails