Saturday, June 26, 2010

Making your own tortillas!

I just put the amazon.com giftcards that I redeemed from Swagbucks to good use!  I got free shipping and used $30 in amazon giftcards, and I put just $.96 on my debit card.  Put this together with an awesome homemade tortilla recipe, and it's a major Frugalista Find!

At about $5 a pop for a package of large tortillas, (even if you didn't use amazon gift cards you'd redeemed for free from Swagbucks) This will pay for itself in 6 months if you normally buy tortillas or taco shells just once a month!

As a healthy bonus, you have the choice to make yours from whole wheat flour which might not be an option for tortillas in your local grocery store.  I like to use half whole wheat and half regular flour.  Double the batch, and freeze the ones you don't use for dinner!  They'll keep for quite a while.

Making tortillas from scratch isn't for everyone, but if you're willing, it's a fun way to be more involved with what goes on your family's plate and save some money at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails